Thinking to cancel your Amazon Prime Membership? Amazon Prime, the widely popular paid subscription service has raised its monthly and annual subscription price. If you feel that’s too much worth the content, you can Cancel Amazon Prime. Despite being the most prevalent shopping and OTT platforms that comes with loads of benefits, you may wish to discontinue the membership at some point. Cancelling Amazon Prime membership isn’t a difficult thing anymore. You can easily Cancel Amazon Prime Membership as it is a simple and straight procedure. If you aren’t aware of the procedure for ‘How to Cancel Amazon Prime’ then, this guide is for you, readers. Take a quick look!
Table of Contents
- How to Cancel Amazon Prime Membership
- 2. Cancel Amazon Prime Membership on Mobile App
- How to Get a Refund from Amazon Prime?
- Final Words
How to Cancel Amazon Prime Membership
Wondering How Do I Cancel Amazon Prime? Amazon Prime is one of the popular subscription services rolled out by Amazon in 2005. Amazon Prime customers can enjoy premium benefits and the ability to access additional services including streaming content and shopping. Through Amazon Prime Membership, the customers can gain exclusive benefits that include free 2-day shipping of all its products from Amazon, free Amazon Prime Video streaming services, exclusive Prime Day discounts, and more.
If you are not interested in the content available on Amazon Prime Video, thinking to save some bucks, or seeking to cancel your free trial post the Prime Day period, you can cancel the subscription without much difficulty. Whatever the reason it could be, you want to end your bonding with Amazon. If you’re using Amazon Prime on a web browser or the mobile app, you can find out How to Cancel Amazon Prime Membership through this in-depth guide. We’ve explained two ways how to Cancel Amazon Prime Subscription on the web browser and the mobile app. Read on!
1. Cancel Amazon Prime Membership on Desktop
The procedure to Cancel Amazon Prime Membership through web browser or desktop is quite simple compared to the mobile app. You may not find the option to Cancel Amazon Prime subscription soon after landing on the dashboard. There is a specific procedure that helps you end your affiliation with Amazon. Want to know How to Cancel Amazon Prime Subscription? Here is a detailed step-by-step procedure that allows you to cancel your Amazon Prime membership on the web browser. Check it out!
Step 1: Sign into your Amazon Account
- Initially, open your desktop device and navigate to your web browser.
- In the search field of the browser, type ‘amazon.com’.
- Soon after landing on the main page of the website, you need to log into your Amazon account by clicking on the option ‘Sign In’.
- Enter your email id or mobile number in the given field. Hit the ‘Continue’ button.
- Type your Amazon account password and click on the Sign in button.
Step 2: Memberships & Subscriptions
- Once you have logged into your Amazon account, you can find the option ‘Account & Lists’ on the top right corner of the screen.
- Place your cursor on that option.
- From the drop-down menu, you can find a list of options.
- From the given options, tap on the option ‘Memberships & Subscriptions’.
Step 3: Cancel Prime Subscription
- Under the Membership section, you will find the option Update, Cancel, and more.
- Below that, you can find a few options in the drop-down menu.
- You need to click on the option ‘End Membership.’
- On the next screen, you can find the Memberships & Subscriptions page.
- Below that, you can find a slew of sections. From that, you need to choose the button ‘Prime Membership Settings’.
- After tapping the settings option, you will be taken to a new page.
Step 4: Confirm Prime Membership Cancellation
- On that page, you can find the message stating that ‘Thank you for being a member with us. Take a look back at your journey with Prime.’
- Below that, it shows how many days are left to enjoy your Prime benefits until the next billing cycle.
- All the benefits that you have been enjoying will be shown on the screen.
- Below that, you can find the button ‘Cancel My Benefits’. Just click on that option.
- Once again, it asks you to consider your decision of cancelling the membership. If you still want to go with your decision, just tap on the button ‘Continue to Cancel.’
That’s all! Your Amazon Prime Membership will be cancelled successfully.
2. Cancel Amazon Prime Membership on Mobile App
Amazon offers a wide array of subscriptions to its customers including Audible, ComiXology, and a lot more. As there are plenty of subscriptions that slash out your bank balance, you may ultimately end up with a decision to Cancel Amazon Prime Membership. Do you know How to Cancel Amazon Prime Membership on the mobile app?
Cancelling Amazon Prime subscription on the desktop is comparatively easier than the Amazon App. Due to loads of subscriptions like Amazon Audible; you may not be able to cancel your subscription on Amazon mobile app whenever needed. Still, you can cancel Amazon Prime whether it is on Android, iOS, or a tablet. Here’s the complete guide on ‘How to Cancel Amazon Prime Subscription’ through the Amazon Prime app. Check it out!
- First of all, open the Amazon app on your Android or iOS device.
- Log into your account on the Amazon app. You need to provide the crucial login details such as the Email ID or Mobile Number and Password.
- Hit the ‘Sign In’ button.
- On the home screen of the app, you will find the ‘Profile’ icon in the menu displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- On the next screen, your account information will be shown on the screen.
- From the given options, click on the option ‘Your Account’.
- This option will provide access to your account settings.
- On that screen, you can find all your orders and account settings.
- Under the Account Settings section, you will find a series of options.
- Scroll down through the options and click on ‘Memberships & Subscriptions’.
- If you already have a prime subscription, you will find the number of subscriptions shown on the screen below the ‘Memberships & Subscriptions’ section.
- Scroll down and you need to tap on the option ‘Prime Membership Settings’.
- On the next screen, you need to click on the option ‘Manage Membership.’
- Further, you will find the options Prime Plan, Renewal Date, and Manage Membership.
- Choose the option Manage Membership – Update, Cancel, and More.
- On the subsequent screen, you’ll find the option ‘End Membership.’
- If you end your membership, you’ll lose access to all your Amazon Prime benefits.
- All the Amazon Prime benefits will show up on the screen to attract you so that you may make up your mind to continue with your prime membership.
- Still, if you’re stubborn about your decision, just click on the button ‘Cancel My Benefits’.
- If you don’t want to cancel then, just tap on the ‘Keep my benefits’ option.
- Once again, click on the button ‘Continue to Cancel’ ignoring the Amazon Prime subscription benefits.
- It is worth mentioning that if your prime membership comprises monthly credits; all those credits will fade away after cancelling the subscription.
- In case, there are a few days or weeks left for the next renewal date then, you can choose the option ‘Remind Me Later’. Continue to enjoy your Amazon Prime Benefits until the renewal date.
- Three days before the membership renews, you will get a notification from Amazon. Once the time comes for cancellation, you can proceed with the Amazon Prime Membership cancellation.
- That’s all! Your Amazon Prime membership will be cancelled successfully.
How to Get a Refund from Amazon Prime?
Amazon provides a refund to its customers even after cancelling Amazon Prime Membership. Wondering how to get a refund? Well, if you have recently signed up for Amazon Prime Membership but haven’t utilized any of the Prime Benefits then, you will be eligible to get a full refund from Amazon even after cancelling the subscription.
You can convert your free trial service to paid subscription on Amazon Prime and access the Membership benefits. If you cancel your subscription within 3 days of converting the free trial period, you will be eligible for a full refund from Amazon. However, make a note that you haven’t used any of the Prime benefits since the subscription.
Even if you have used the Amazon Prime benefits, you will be eligible for a partial refund from Amazon. However, you will get a partial refund depending on the time in your membership left over and your access to the benefits. To be precise, if you have more than half of the membership time left, you will get a partial refund.
Customers can get a refund automatically after cancelling their membership. If you don’t get your refund automatically, you can contact Amazon Customer Service through any of the mediums i.e., through a phone call, email, and online chat. The corresponding executives from Amazon customer service will help you with the refund procedure. Once Amazon finds that you’re eligible for a refund, it will process your refund amount within 3 to 5 business days.
That’s all! This is everything you need to know about ‘How to Cancel Amazon Prime.’ Hopefully, this article has helped you in understanding the detailed procedure to Cancel Amazon Prime Membership. If you have any other doubts or queries about this article, don’t hesitate to ask us in the comments section. Visit our website SalesHours frequently to find more related posts.